5-week course: August 2023
Deadlines to confirm and pay advanced tuition fees:
What can you expect from the preparation course?
This specialist course is designed for international students and divided into various sessions, introducing you to everything you need to succeed.
You’ll benefit from:
- The opportunity to develop the computer skills that will improve your academic experience
- An introduction into CV writing and interview preparation
- Practical advice for the life of an international student
- A welcoming international community where you can meet fellow students
- A supportive space to practice and gain confidence in your English and to interact with other students
- Access to high-quality English language materials
Gain the competitive edge with exclusive content
You will complete a self-assessment at the start of each session. You will then use this to reflect on your progress during the course and identify areas for development. Key learning aims for each session are:
- Learning skills - develop confidence as a learner
- Life skills - practical information about living in the UK - health, accommodation, money, transport, food
- Basic computer skills for successful study and work, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Students are invited to join weekly workshops to develop essential employability skills – such as writing a CV and cover letter, how to answer a job advert, and how to prepare for a job interview.
You will receive a calendar outlining how to organise your time for each study session so you can make the most of this course. Study topics include:
- Preparing for life as an international student
- Looking to the future
- Developing intercultural skills
- Studying with us
Get involved with live masterclasses and clubs as part of our enrichment programme. We offer engaging live sessions in interest areas such as:
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Safety & Security
- Career advice
You can also chat to your classmates about the course and enrichment classes using our online forums.
How to access the course
Getting started with your Prepare for Success course is easy. To access this course, all you need to do is confirm your place with us and begin paying towards your tuition fees.
1. Confirm your place
It’s important that you confirm your place on your programme in order to gain access to the preparation course. Find out more about the admissions process.
2. Send payment
To secure your place, you will need to arrange a confirmation payment and pay £6,000* advance tuition fees as soon as possible so you can access this vital preparation.
3. Start studying
After you have confirmed your place and paid your fees, you can access a range of online learning sessions before beginning your programme. You will receive further instructions about how to access the course.
* Students from the following countries must pay £8,000 advance tuition fees: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Nepal and Nigeria. Please refer to your payment plan.