Computing, Engineering and Health Sciences Accelerated Pre-Masters Programme
Your STEM career
A postgraduate degree in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) can be a great way to boost your career prospects whilst letting you spend more time studying what you’re passionate about – and by studying your Masters in the UK, you’ll also be developing your English language skills on top of this. This can improve your job prospects even more, by making you an internationally employable graduate.
Our Accelerated Pre-Masters Programme in Computing, Engineering and Health Sciences is a one-term programme of study designed to help you gain the subject knowledge and English language skills necessary to thrive at a UK university – particularly the subject-specific vocabulary you will need to get the most out of your degree.
Why study a STEM degree at Teesside University?
The innovative learning experiences available to you as postgraduate student at Teesside include:
- Work placements to help you to develop skills and gain a better understanding of the world of work
- The chance to network with industry professionals at the University’s ExpoSeries showcase
- Studying at a university ranked 2nd out of 71 UK universities for student satisfaction for mechanical engineering (Complete University Guide 2020)
- Purpose-built engineering laboratories, including specialist plant facilities for mechanical engineering and designated areas for power, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, civil engineering & telecommunications
- Industry-specialised facilities with studios designed for virtual reality, motion capture, green screen, Wacom Cintiqs and animation
- The chance to study at a university ranked in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world (Animation Career Review 2019 International Rankings, 167 colleges considered, tees ac.uk/source)
- Access to Europe’s first Adobe Creative Campus in order to improve your digital literacy skills.
Choose your modules
You will study core modules – which are specific to your chosen subject route and progression degree.
Please note that you are expected to attend 100% of your classes at the International Study Centre or you are at risk of losing your Student visa.
Academic English Skills
Designed to meet the needs of students who intend to study at postgraduate level at a UK university, but require further language development, this module focuses on rapidly developing your language skills. You will also gain the language-related academic skills that will enable you to achieve your academic potential at Teesside University.
Research Project and Data Analysis
The individual project provides students with a learning experience that will enable them to carry out independent research. Students are expected to plan, research, gather and analyse data, and execute their project while developing skills in critical judgement and independent working.
Lab Skills and Scientific Communications
The main aim of this module is to strengthen the practical and communication skills necessary for Masters study. Acquisition of these skills will form the building blocks of students’ ability to demonstrate their knowledge and skills as they progress through the programme.
Maths for Engineering (Core – Engineering)
This module aims to present fundamental mathematical ideas useful in the study of Engineering at Masters level, and to develop their application to engineering problems.
Computational Maths (Core – Computing)
This module supports students to develop a sound understanding of computational maths, allowing them to apply this knowledge to computing problems and challenges appropriate to their study.
Progress to your degree
Once you complete the Accelerated Pre-Masters Programme and achieve the required grades, you will be able to progress to the Masters degree of your choice at Teesside University. By completing this pathway, you will be able to progress to the following degrees.
To study the following degrees international students from some countries are required to apply for an ATAS certificate. In order to apply, you will need the CH3 Code:
|MSc Aerospace Engineering||CAH10-01-04|
|MSc Mechanical Engineering||CAH10-01-02|
|MSc Mechanical Engineering (with Advanced Practice)||CAH10-01-02|
|MSc Oil and Gas Management||CAH10-01-09|
|MSc Oil and Gas Management (with Advanced Practice)||CAH10-01-09|
UK Government guidance on ATAS requirements can be found at:
Join us today
Our student enrolment advisors are available to answer your questions and help you with your application. We can’t wait to meet you.